How to get started with COUTURE BOOK
We like to think that we’ve made it as easy as possible to get the ball rolling, but with so many different styles and options, sometimes it’s daunting to know where to start!
Here’s our quick-start guide:
1. If you haven’t signed up yet, you’ll want to register for an account – Just click on the “Create” link at CoutureBook.com . This registration is for professional photographers and designers only. If you have a personal project, you can contact us there too, and we’ll be happy to connect you with a designer or photographer in your area
2. Once you have registered, we’ll get your account setup right away, and you’ll get a little welcome email. Once that arrives, click again on the “Create” link and you can log into your new account
3. Create a new project – Type in a name for your new book/project
4. Choose style – Here’s where it starts to get fun! We have a list of all of the different styles and sizes of the books. Pick the one you’d like to create (don’t worry, you can always come back a step to make changes).
5. After choosing the style, the site will walk you through selecting the options for the style of book you picked
6. Upload your images and design your book – You can either upload your images and use our online design tool, or you can upload your pre-designed layouts. Make sure you choose “Full Bleed” from the border options if you have a ready design.
7. Share or order your book – On the final step, you can either order a physical copy, or generate a link to a free digital preview you can share with your customer
Here’s a few other links to help you get started:
- Paper samples – Great way to see your images printed on all five paper stocks
- Design Specifications – Want to design your own custom layouts? We try to keep it really simple, so see this link for the technical specs
- Vellum Pages and Covers – If you want to include vellum pages or covers, then check out this link for the scoop.
- Text Embossing – Would you like to add in text embossing on the cover (or spine, or inside cover, or slipcase, or really anywhere!)?